Thursday, July 07, 2005

Afterglow

Well, we did it. I can't quite believe that we did it, but we did it. The evening was amazing. An incredible calm overtook me as I got into the hair and makeup chair. I just internally wound myself all the way down. I felt better when I wasn't back in the dressing rooms waiting for my cue, but preferred to watch the whole show from the wings with Gracie. Being on stage felt like coming home. I loved every minute of it. All of the pieces went well for me, although I still did not make my Myst entrance correctly (must be some kind of mental block) but compensated quickly for it. Gracie was a joy on stage, and I think this experience will set her life on an interesting course. How many eight-year-olds get to make their debut at the Hollywood Bowl with the Los Angeles Philharmonic?

To any friends or family who may be reading this blog, I thank you all so much for your support and encouragement. I was nearly crippled with fear going into this, but everyone just kept nudging me along, until I had to do all the final nudging (well, and heavy lifting) for myself. Without that head of steam, I don't think I could have chugged up that mountain. My sister in particular was very helpful in those last minutes before curtain. Jack and Tommy were -- well, beyond words. How did they pull this enormous event off? My husband is my hero!

No comments: